DEPARTMENT: Veterinary Services
LOCATION: Grafton, MA
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
An entry-technical level with the expectations of supervised functionality involved in the daily function of veterinary care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General animal care responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Health checks and animal welfare assessments
- Handling multiple species
- Collecting and processing biological samples from multiple species
- General facility responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observing issues related to animal care
- Assisting veterinarians and veterinary technicians with quarantine procedures
- Veterinary care responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily clinical observations of animals
- Assisting with care and medical treatment of all animals
- Monitoring animals on treatment
- Assisting with veterinary rounds
- Assisting with compiling data for reports
- Assisting veterinarian and veterinary technicians with physical examinations
- Assisting with minor procedures
- Assisting with/performing laboratory tests as needed
- Ensuring environmental enrichment policy compliance
- Post-operative care including monitoring, triage and analgesic administration
- Performing veterinary treatments
- Maintaining schedule of and performing pain assessments
- Assist technical staff in other departmental areas
- Assist technical staff with preparation of operating rooms and instrument packs for procedures
- Need effective oral and written communication skills and superior organizational skills
- Must work effectively as a team member and be able to work independently
- Perform other related duties as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in biomedical research or veterinary practice
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT or higher preferred, CVT preferred.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Exposure to potential zoonotic agents, hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- General office working conditions.
- This position will require performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- This position will require performing duties in the evenings 12pm – 8:30pm.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.