DEPARTMENT: Technical Operations
LOCATION: Grafton, MA
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
An entry-technical level with the expectations of supervised functionality, demonstrating a comfortable level of technical skills in the Technical Operations Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle and restrain multiple species of animals, perform and record daily clinical observations, perform anesthetic management, pre and post-operative nursing care, perform dose administration and sample collection.
- Generate and manage data in compliance with GLP guidelines, document deviations and incidents with supervision, submit data in a timely manner.
- Perform data collection and quality control on assigned studies.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills and work effectively as a team member.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: High school or GED required. Associates (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BS) preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in a regulatory pre-clinical environment with involvement in the conduct of GLP studies.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s licence; ALAT or LAT preferred.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Exposure to potential zoonotic agents, hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- Office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- This position may require occasional domestic travel or performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.