REPORTS TO: Supervisor/Manager/Director
A senior technical level position with the expectations of unsupervised functionality, demonstrating a proficient level of technical skill sets across department disciplines (e.g., necropsy, trimming, microtomy, data analysis and/or assembly).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical duties may include: Necropsy and perfusion techniques; tissue specimen collection, documentation and labeling; macroscopic photography; tissue trimming, processing and embedding; sample sawing, grinding, microtomy and slide staining; development of novel techniques and refinement of existing ones.
- Administrative duties may include slide, tissue block, and data record generation and organization; laboratory supply and reagent inventory and ordering; protocol and SOP review.
- Generate quality and timely data in compliance with GLP guidelines, including documentation of protocol/SOP deviations/incidents with supervision.
- Perform data review/quality control.
- Participate in study pre-initial meetings.
- Train staff on performing technical procedures.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Possess flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Maintain effective interactions with regulatory officers, directors, managers, and administrators.
- Education: Associate’s (AS) or Bachelor’s (BA/ BS) degree, science major preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant research or clinical experience desired; Histopathology or post-mortem laboratory experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: HT or HTL(ASCP) certification preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.).
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions.
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.