DEPARTMENT: Technical Operations
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
A mid-level histopathology position with the expectation of predominately unsupervised functionality, demonstrating a competent level of technical skills across department disciplines (e.g., necropsy, trimming, microtomy, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical expectations may include, but are not limited to: performing basic necropsy and perfusion techniques, tissue specimen collection and labeling, tissue processing, embedding, sawing, grinding, microtomy, and slide staining.
- Administrative expectations may include slide, tissue block, and data record generation and organization, as well as laboratory supply and reagent inventory and ordering.
- Train staff on performing various necropsy/histopathology procedures.
- Generate quality data in compliance with GLP guidelines, document deviations and incidents with supervision, submit data in a timely manner.
- Perform data collection/quality control.
- Education: High school or GED required. Associates (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BS) in science preferred.
- Experience: At least two years histopathology laboratory experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license; HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.)
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.