DEPARTMENT: Clinical Pathology
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
CBSET, Inc. is a recognized leader in preclinical biomedical research. We make it our mission to help our sponsors accelerate the development of novel and innovative biotechnologies and medical devices. CBSET offers extensive regulatory and scientific expertise to the medical technology and biopharma industry around the globe in order to rapidly transform early-stage concepts into novel therapies.
The Medical Technologist joins a pathology team with 3 board certified veterinary pathologists, a clinical pathology manager, and pathology services such as necropsy, histopathology, hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and scanning electron microscopy. Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Technologist carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures and works independently in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to accurately read and interpret test results used by veterinary scientists in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in multiple species in a preclinical testing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all aspects of diagnostic laboratory testing (predominantly hematology and clinical chemistry samples) including specimen receipt, accessioning, processing, storing, and shipping.
- Records results of tests with all supporting documentation for clinical interpretation.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Leads and maintains the validation of sample analyzers and other laboratory equipment, including quality control and calibration of instruments.
- Performs administrative duties such as developing or contributing to standard operating procedures, documenting receipt of samples and chain of custody paperwork, ordering and stocking laboratory supplies, performing quality control of departmental data and preparation of data binders for archival.
- Contributes to the development of continuous process improvement culture by recommending workflow changes and participating in new process implementations and technology transfer.
- Trains other laboratory personnel and may observe, guide, verify and check documentation of less experienced lab personnel.
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills and superior organizational skills.
- Works effectively and professionally as a team member within clinical pathology, with staff in all departments as well as clients, and be able to work independently. .
- Education: A baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years related technical experience in clinical or biomedical research. Experience with multiple species/GLP and a strong background in hematology/clinical chemistry preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLT) or other nationally recognized clinical laboratory certification.
- Other: Proficiency with computers and standard application software (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Exposure to potential zoonotic agents, hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- Office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- This position may require occasional domestic travel or performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.