DEPARTMENT: Clinical Pathology
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
CBSET, Inc. is a recognized leader in preclinical biomedical research. We make it our mission to help our sponsors accelerate the development of novel and innovative biotechnologies and medical devices. CBSET offers extensive regulatory and scientific expertise to the medical technology and biopharma industry around the globe in order to rapidly transform early-stage concepts into novel therapies.
The Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist joins a pathology team with 3 board certified veterinary pathologists, a clinical pathology manager, and pathology services such as necropsy, histopathology, hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and scanning electron microscopy. Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technician/Medical Technologist carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures and works independently in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to accurately read and interpret test results used by veterinary scientists in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in multiple species in a preclinical testing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all aspects of diagnostic laboratory testing (predominantly hematology and clinical chemistry samples) including specimen receipt, accessioning, processing, storing, and shipping.
- Records results of tests with all supporting documentation for clinical interpretation.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Identifies and resolves problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Judges whether the results are abnormal/critical and takes appropriate action according to laboratory guidelines.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Ensures the highest sample integrity and data quality, notifying manager or director deviations and exceptions.
- Performs or oversees regularly scheduled preventative maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment according to laboratory guidelines.
- Contributes to the development of continuous process improvement culture by recommending workflow changes and participating in new process implementations and technology transfer.
- Trains other laboratory personnel and may observe, guide, verify and check documentation of less experienced lab personnel.
- Contributes to efficient workflow by taking initiative and filling in as needed. May assist in schedule preparation.
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills and superior organizational skills.Works effectively and professionally as a team member within clinical pathology, with staff in all departments as well as clients, and be able to work independently.
- Education: A baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or in one of the biological, chemical or physical sciences.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in clinical or biomedical research. Experience with multiple species preferred. GLP experience is a plus.
- Certification/Licensure: MT or MLT strongly preferred.
- Other: Proficient with computers and standard application software (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing, or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Occasionally moves supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet for continuous periods of time.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.)
- General office working conditions
We at CBSET are committed to providing exceptional animal care and this can only be achieved through hiring exceptional technical talent. By working in Clinical Pathology, you will be part of a collaborative effort with our clients to advance biomedical research through innovative, high-quality services. In addition, CBSET is proud to offer a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.