Join CBSET at the MDG Forum - Combination Products: Bridging the Divide When Neither Drug Nor Device is Enough, a free virtual meeting, April 7, 2021. General Networking from 4:00 - 4:30PM, Panelist Presentations 4:30 - 5:30 PM, 'Meet the Speakers' & Additional Networking 5:30-6:00 PM.
Successful commercialization of combination products is an exciting, profitable arena for innovative concepts. Many significant advances
in disease treatment come from combination products, which enable delivery of drugs in a more precise, controlled manner. But how to do it right?
Moderator for this event is Elazer R. Edelman, Director, Institute of Medical Engineering Engineering, and Science Director, Clinical Research Center at MIT; current occupant of the Edward J. Poitras Chair as Professor of Medical Engineering and Science.
- John D. McDermott, Jr, MBA, Senior Director, Reimbursement Strategy, MCRA, on the topic: Reimbursement—what is needed for success with combination products.
- Tony Voiers, CEO, Advanced Chemotherapy Technologies (ACT), which is developing a combo product for non-resectable pancreatic cancer, on the topic: Firsthand account of the challenges unique to early-stage combination product companies, such as talking to investors.
- Mike John, VP, Cardiovascular Regulatory Affairs at MCRA and former Chief, Interventional CV Devices Branch, Division of CV Devices, FDA, on the topic: How to navigate the regulatory landscape for combination products, what makes them different, and how to (hopefully) avoid pitfalls.
Learn more about how CBSET's live streaming capabilities support collaboration and participation.
Learn more about how our clinical-grade,whole-body CT/PET scanning capabilities can support your preclinical in vivo imaging needs.
Related CBSET Services:
- CBSET GLP Preclinical Services
- Localized/Targeted Drug Delivery
- Computational Modeling of Local Drug Delivery
- Cell-Based Therapies
Balloon-based drug coating delivery to the artery wall is dictated by coating micro-morphology and angioplasty pressure gradients. Abraham R. Tzafriri, Benny Muraj, Fernando Garcia-Polite, Antonio G. Salazar-Martín, Peter Markham, Brett Zani, Anna Spognardi, Mazen Albaghdadi, Steve Alston, Elazer R. Edelman. Biomaterials, 2020 Nov;260:120337.
Pharmacokinetics and safety of paclitaxel delivery into porcine airway walls by a new endobronchial drug delivery catheter. Tsukada H, Entcheva-Dimitrov P, Ernst A, Rafeq S, Keating JH, Seward KP, Yarmus L. Respirology. 2018 Apr;23(4):399-405. doi: 10.1111/resp.13214.
Defining drug and target protein distributions after stent-based drug release: Durable versus deployable coatings. Tzafriri AR, Garcia-Polite F, Li X, Keating J, Balaguer JM, Zani B, Bailey L, Markham P, Kiorpes TC, Carlyle W, Edelman ER. Journal of Controlled Release. Volume 274, 28 March 2018, Pages 102-108
A tunable delivery platform to provide local chemotherapy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Indolfi L, Ligorio M, Ting DT, Xega K, Tzafriri AR, Bersani F, Aceto N, Thapar V, Fuchs BC, Deshpande V, Baker AB, Ferrone CR, Haber DA, Langer R, Clark JW, Edelman ER. Biomaterials. 2016 Jul;93:71-82. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2016.03.044.