DEPARTMENT: Veterinary Services & Technical Operations
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
Location: Grafton, MA Facility
Experienced driver/entry-level technician with the expectations of supervised functionality involved in the daily function of animal transportation, animal care and facility maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide transportation of animals between CBSET facilities and customers.
- Handle and restrain multiple species of animals, including large animals.
- Clean and sanitize animal transportation crates, transport van, housing and support areas.
- Assist with facilities maintenance projects.
- Observe issues related to animal care, housing and breeding.
- Perform food consumption and clinical observations.
- Replenish all PPE stations in the animal facility, hallways, ORs and OR conference rooms as needed.
- Assist, as needed, technical staff in departmental areas.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and outside personnel/clients.
- Must be able to work effectively and harmoniously as part of a team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Education: High school or GED required
- Experience: Preferred
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred. Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards .
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Working with potentially hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades etc), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- General office working conditions.
- This position may require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- This position requires regular local travel between facilities. Long-distance travel may also be required on occasion.
- Hours may vary.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.