DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
REPORTS TO: Supervisor/Manager/Director
The Client Services Representative I is responsible for assisting with the lifecycle of basic project proposal requests from beginning to end and overseeing the associated invoicing milestones for the Business Operations department. In this role, the Client Services Representative I will prepare project contracts and associated pricing documents under supervision, as well as maintain the company’s project invoicing database. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be self-motivated to actively generate and follow up on project leads, and have a desire to continually learn about new technologies and company capabilities in support of developing client relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the incoming project proposal lifecycle, including responding to pricing requests, developing scope of work documents, actively following up with clients on issued proposals and circulating finalized documents for signature.
- Clearly define project objectives, technical requirements and timelines in collaboration with the client and internal scientific and technical staff.
- Develop, issue and follow up on contract revisions based on changes to original scope of work.
- Ensure timely contract review and issuance of approved documents, and maintain finalized contracts within company files.
- Maintain contract opportunities database using customer relationship management software.
- Maintain the project Accounts Payable database with invoicing/billing milestones for executed contracts.
- Assist with preparing sales and revenue forecasting presentations.
- Assist with scheduling conference calls, and setting up on-site visits and facility tours.
- Help maintain and update contract and pricing templates as needed, as well as other administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be professional and have exceptional customer service skills when working with internal and external customers.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or marketing preferred.
- Experience: Minimum one year of experience in client relations or contract administration, preferably in a nonclinical regulatory environment. Basic knowledge of the pharmaceutical or medical device development process is highly desirable. Experience with customer relationship management software (e.g., Salesforce) is a plus. A combination of professional experience or education in a related field may suffice.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license
- Other: Proficiency with computers and standard application software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- This position may require occasional domestic travel or performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.