DEPARTMENT: Business Development
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager/Director
This position supports biomedical research services for a well-established service provider in the Boston area. Responsible for achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets from an assigned geographic territory. Individual must be a key contributor to the sales cycle supporting our overall sales organization while acting as the front line to our Customer Experience. Work with management to prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to identify new target accounts and target opportunities within assigned geographic region. Gather and organize data on potential customers in the designated geographic region. Handle assigned inbound client calls, or emails, qualify leads and provide timely response to the potential client. Present and promote all of CBSET’s preclinical services to all potential clients; new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts and create new marketing opportunities with the objective of driving overall business growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a client base.
- Develop and qualify account leads through territory prospecting and frequent outbound virtual customer contact (phone call, video call etc.).
- Set up and host client meetings to introduce CBSET services (off-site and on-site).
- Seek to increase sales through proactive sales activity, networking and marketing CBSET services to assigned potential and existing accounts.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company services.
- Communicate available services and inform customers of new services in a timely manner.
- Work with management to prepare and provide accurate territory forecasts throughout the year to track achievements versus goals.
- Contribute to generation and implementation of marketing strategies that includes trade shows/conference attendance, contribution to printed materials, online media and press releases.
- Assist with market analysis, key segment targeting, and new outreach initiatives.
- Gather data on marketing trends, competitive products and pricing and an analysis of competitors.
- Act as a primary contact for client services, i.e. inquiries and issues on studies.
- Work closely with the client services operations, finance, legal, and any other internal stakeholders relevant to the sales process.
- Contribute to and deliver comprehensive presentations of CBSET services to clients in pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Actively participate and provide account input for proposal development guidelines, pricing and database requirements.
- Generate contracts and proposals for key business, including developing scope of work and cost structure.
- Assist with updating and maintaining applicable databases (SalesForce.com).
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client relationship skills including planning, client interaction, and fulfilling administrative responsibilities.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of marketing/social media tools, including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Highly motivated with proven ability to take initiative and generate new ideas.
Bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree in business, marketing or scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- Education/Experience: 1+ years of contract research sales experience and knowledge of preclinical drug and/or medical device development preferred. Track record of success in metrics and quality of account relationships.
- Competencies: Must possess the following competencies: results-oriented and customer-focused; listening, communication, and negotiating skills; presentation skills, organization, independence, interpersonal savvy, ethics and values.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions
- This position may require performing duties on weekends and/or holidays
- Travel requirement: 50-75%
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.