DEPARTMENT: Veterinary Services
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
Please be aware that the requirements presented within in this job listing are the basic qualifications required for the Veterinarian Technician position; however, job title will be contingent upon the level of experience of the candidate in those requirements. We at CBSET are committed to providing exceptional animal care and this can only be achieved through hiring exceptional technical talent. By working as a Veterinary Technician I/II, you will be part of a collaborative effort with our clients to advance biomedical research through innovative, high-quality services. In addition, CBSET is proud to offer a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
An entry-technical level with the expectations of supervised functionality involved in the daily function of veterinary care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General animal care responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Health checks and animal welfare assessments
- Handle multiple species
- Collect and process biological samples from multiple species
- General facility responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observe issues related to animal care
- Assist veterinarians and veterinary technicians with quarantine procedures
- Veterinary care responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily clinical observations of animals
- Assist with care and medical treatment of all animals
- Monitor animals on treatment
- Assist with veterinary rounds
- Assist with compiling data for reports
- Assist veterinarian and veterinary technicians with physical examinations
- Assist with minor procedures
- Assist with/perform laboratory tests as needed
- Ensure environmental enrichment policy compliance
- Post-operative care including monitoring, triage and analgesic administration
- Perform veterinary treatments
- Maintain schedule of and perform pain assessments
- Assist technical staff in other departmental areas
- Assist technical staff with preparation of operating rooms and instrument packs for procedures
- Need effective oral and written communication skills and superior organizational skills
- Must work effectively as a team member and be able to work independently
- Perform other related duties as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year in biomedical research or veterinary practice
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT or higher preferred, CVT preferred.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (Personal Protective Equipment) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and potential exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- General office conditions.
- This position will require performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- This position will require performing duties in the evenings 12pm – 830pm .
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.