Initiate, direct and execute projects of diverse scope in a Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment, working independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Develop strategies, applying broad scientific principles and concepts for the preclinical assessment of treatment modalities, including pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and to develop interdepartmental data analysis techniques and statistical methods for accurate scientific reporting. Design and implement sophisticated bench-top and computational models to generate in-vivo/ex-vivo correlates. Enhance analytical capabilities on numerous sources of biomedical imaging data by designing and applying image processing and machine learning algorithms. Assist in the preparation of scientific publications.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Create and maintain various data arrays, including pathology and in-life data.
- Oversee and assist cross departmental (e.g., in-life, pathology, business development, etc.) individuals conducting data analyses.
- Review and conduct preliminary quality control evaluations of completed data, sorting, tabulating and/or graphical summations.
- Develop strategies for interdepartmental data analysis technique to assure continuity.
- Assist and develop novel morphometric measurements and analysis, and mentor junior Data Analysts.
- Design and perform novel bench-top experimental models to study ex vivo medical device behavior.
- Develop and apply computational models to replicate biomedical environments, validate results with in vivo / in vitro data.
- Design and implement innovative image processing methods by means of machine learning and deep learning schemes to maximize data extraction from a variety of biomedical imaging sources (histology, immunohistochemistry, SEM).
Requires a Doctorate degree in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related field plus one (1) year of scientific experience in a Biotechnology or Biomedical Engineering setting.
Experience must include the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- MS Excel
- Imaging processing software including Adobe Photoshop and ImageJ
- Statistical software including SigmaPlot and GraphPad Prism
- Python, R, C++, MATLAB, and Visual Basic
- COMSOL, Fluent, and SolidWorks
- Working in in vitro cell culture environments and performing immunological assays
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations
Will accept a Master’s degree plus three (3) years of described experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com.
Reference SDA – 01