DEPARTMENT: Applied Sciences
REPORTS TO: Director
Initiate, direct and execute projects of diverse scope both independently, with peer guidance as needed, or as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a GLP environment. Develop strategies for the application of broad scientific principles and concepts for the preclinical assessment of various treatment modalities, including pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices. Position requires individual be recognized for specific scientific expertise often in a focused scientific discipline or field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, oversee and execute projects and aspects thereof.
- Develop and maintain client/sponsor relationships.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Participate in the research, development, and/or validation of new techniques, methods, and technologies.
- Present scientific research in public forums and/or scientific meetings; publish scientific data in appropriate peer-reviewed journals.
- Promote new scientific business areas and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client relationship skills including planning, client interaction, and fulfilling administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with computers and standard application software
- Knowledge of GLP regulations
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact appropriately with all levels of employees
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with, and direct the efforts of team members
- Education: Advanced degree in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience: 0-1 years experience with a Ph.D.; 1-3 yrs experience with a Master’s Degree; 3+ years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
- Certification/Licensure: N/R
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing, or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to potential zoonotic agents, hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- Office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.