REPORTS TO: Department Director
Provide operational management for CBSET pathology laboratories, staff, facilities, and equipment, including comprehensive oversight of all pathology deliverables for CBSET client work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct both staff and project scheduling (macro and micro) including day-to-day duties and assignments, and all GLP laboratory functions.
- Generate timelines for all laboratory functions, tasks and deliverables, including projections for slides, reports, data submissions, and archival processes.
- Ongoing assessment and setting of project priorities.
- Oversight of equipment maintenance schedules per GLPs.
- Oversight and development of training modules and staff training records per GLPs.
- Development of operational plans for procurement of pathology equipment and development of novel techniques/methodologies.
- Coordination of intra- and interdepartmental functions:
- Integration of necropsy, histopathology, immunostaining, SEM, and imaging functions within Department of Pathology.
- Communication with:
- Study Directors regarding details internal/CBSET projects
- Sponsors regarding external/ send-in/ pathology-only projects
- Contracts team regarding feasibility and pricing of leads
- Business Development regarding pursuit of novel areas and sponsors.
- Supervision, mentoring, and training for technicians in all areas of pathology.
- Ensuring timely and quality generation of data in compliance with GLP guidelines and applicable regulations, with generation of appropriate documentation of deviations and incidents.
- Lead pathology role in review and development of SOPs and study protocols.
- Superlative oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS) in science required. MS or PhD (optional)
- Experience: > 5 yrs Pathology/ Histopathology laboratory management experience required. >3 yrs management experience required. Specialty skills in development of novel histopathology laboratory methods preferred. Experience in GLPs required.
- Certification/Licensure: : Driver’s license, HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Exposure to potential zoonotic agents, hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- General office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.