REPORTS TO: Department Director
Entails the evaluation of tissue responses via gross inspection and microscopy; recording of data via manual and/or automated/electronic data systems; preparation of reports delineating pathological findings; supervising necropsy procedures; working with clients to design studies and assure the appropriate presentation of any study related findings; and assistance in the preparation of scientific material for presentation and publication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performance of macroscopic and microscopic tissue evaluation
- Necropsy supervision
- Entry of pathology findings into data capture system(s)
- Generation of comprehensive report narratives detailing all test article effects
- Function as Study Director or Principal Investigator, as required
- Function as a peer review or pathology working group (PWG) pathologist
- Serve as a consultant in pathology-related issues
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: D.V.M./ V.M.D. degree or equivalent
- Experience: Extensive training and/or experience in toxicologic and/or medical device pathology, or equivalent combination of education and experience in anatomic pathology or clinical pathology..
- Certification/Licensure: A.C.V.P. board certification and driver’s license
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Research laboratory environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
- Quiet to moderate noise levels.
- This position may require to work occasional weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.