DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
REPORTS TO: Department Director
The Manager will provide leadership and oversight of the Client Services/Inside Sales team to successfully drive business processes that include: generation of contracts and pricing templates, establishing and meeting metrics for contract tracking and follow-up, overseeing data entry in customer relationship management system, managing internal sales and marketing functions, overseeing sales forecasting and metrics, and establishing and managing quality and efficient processes within the department. In this position, the Manager will collaborate with Business Development colleagues, department Directors and the CEO to develop strategies to streamline contracts and inside sales processes and build the inside sales team. The ideal candidate will have a desire to continually learn about and promote new technologies and company capabilities in support of developing both internal and external client relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Client Services department, including direct reports, and lead the team’s internal sales processes to grow the business and provide outstanding customer service.
- Manage group responsible for responding to all client requests for proposals, including new business, change orders, and amendments sourced from all internal and external requests.
- Prioritize and coordinate the scheduling, assignment to staff, and subsequent generation of proposals including understanding the scope of work through scientific knowledge and generating or reviewing price estimates using sound business acumen.
- Ensure all weekly reporting of sales and contract activities are complete, accurate and on-time including sale forecasting, contracts reports, and customer relationship management.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Department Directors, and Scientific staff in strategic business planning and proposal generation for new service offerings.
- Develop, improve, standardize, and establish methods for proposal pricing, contract templates, and manage the overall implementation of all client service procedures to support the CBSET strategic plan.
- Establish standard pricing models and proposals for standard services and incorporate these into Corporate Pricing Guidelines.
- Develop and track department metrics for Client services using CRM software and prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports for senior management.
- Oversee client communications from Client Services and establish quality standards and preferred methods including, cold calls, emails, and client follow-up.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal operations and the company’s service offerings, and how departments interact in order to drive business operation improvements.
- Assist Business Development with in-house client visits and conference calls to understand client needs and potential constraints.
- Oversee training and development of direct reports to build strength and redundancy within the department. This includes, but is not limited to, interviews, hiring, performance reviews, and scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be professional and influential on the phone and through email Must have the desire and ability to learn about diverse product lines from a technical and business standpoint.
- Self-confident and comfortable communicating with Director and C-Level clients.
- Strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, and motivation of staff.
- Must be capable of handling multiple proposals and clients in parallel.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in research management or operations with direct reports, or in an inside sales/customer facing role (e.g. biotech, pharma, CRO). Strong Salesforce or other CRM software experience required. An equivalent combination of education and management experience may suffice.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license.
- Other: Proficiency with computers and standard application software (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Office working environment with quiet noise conditions.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- This position may require occasional domestic travel or performing duties on weekends and/or holidays.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.