DEPARTMENT: Medical Writing
REPORTS TO: Department Director
Please be aware that the requirements presented within in this job listing are the basic qualifications required for the Data Analyst position; however, the job title will be contingent upon the level of experience of the candidate in meeting those requirements.
Initiate, direct and execute projects of diverse scope in a GLP environment, working independently (with peer guidance as needed) or as part of a multi disciplinary team. Develop strategies, applying broad scientific principles and concepts for the preclinical assessment of treatment modalities including pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various data arrays, including pathology and in-life data.
- Develop, with minimal oversight, study specific spreadsheets in consultation with pathologists and study directors.
- Demonstrate an understanding and proficiency in analyzing, restructuring and sorting data arrays for reporting purposes.
- Oversee and assist cross departmental (e.g., in-life, pathology, business development, etc.) individuals conducting data analyses.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving abilities, including but not limited to: basic algebraic mathematics, statistical analyses and various methods of graphically presenting data.
- Review and conduct preliminary quality control evaluations of completed data, sorting, tabulating and/or graphical summations.
- Assist in identifying data collection fields relevant to study specific parameters.
- Assist in morphometric measurements and analysis.
- Design, oversee and execute projects and aspects thereof.
- Locate and define opportunities in process initiation and improvement.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client relationship skills including planning, client interaction, and fulfilling administrative responsibilities.
- Proficiency with computers and standard application software (e.g., Excel, Photoshop, etc.).
- Knowledge of GLP regulations.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact appropriately with all levels of employees.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with, and direct the efforts of, team members.
- Education/Experience: Advanced degree in related scientific discipline or equivalent experience. 5+ years experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment.
- Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.)
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.