DEPARTMENT: Veterinary Services
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor/Manager or Director
We at CBSET are committed to providing exceptional animal care and this can only be achieved through hiring exceptional technical talent. By working as an Animal Care Technician, you will be part of a collaborative effort with our clients to advance biomedical research through innovative, high-quality services. In addition, CBSET is proud to offer a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
An entry-level technician with the expectations of supervised functionality involved in the daily function of animal care and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning and sanitization of animal housing.
- Handling of multiple species of animals.
- Observation of issues related to animal care and housing (e.g., problems with lighting, etc.)
- Performing food consumption and clinical observations.
- Assisting, as needed, technical staff in departmental areas.
- Working effectively as a team member.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and outside personnel.
- Must be able to work effectively and harmoniously as part of a team.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Education: High school or GED required
- Experience: Preferred
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards .
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to consistently lift and move at least 50 pounds.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible.
- Working with potentially hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades etc), chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.) and/or radiation.
- General office working conditions.
- This position may require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- Hours may vary.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their position. • The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com.